Sunday, September 24, 2017

Northern City, Western Light

11 x 14
oil on board
This was begun earlier en plein air and finished at home last night. The Well Street Bridge, an example of a "whipple through truss bridge", is considered one of the most important surviving historic bridges in Indiana. It's no longer used for car traffic since the road leading to it was removed and rerouted to a newer bridge that crosses the St. Mary's River, connecting the old north neighborhood to downtown. But it's charm and importance to this community continues as it's new functions include a space for weddings, yoga classes, outdoor movie nights, and a favorite subject of artists. I'm way behind on my intention to paint every day during this very busy month, this being day 24 and only my 13th painting, but it's more than I usually produce and has been a rewarding project. I've raised and sent my donation to Hurricane Harvey Relief and have taken on 10 commissions, thus solving the question, "what should I paint?", for the time being. I've also agreed to another live wedding reception painting (gulp) and to do a portrait demo early next year. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment