Thursday, September 21, 2017

I Love October

6 x 8
oil on board
October is my favorite month. My son is an October baby, I'm an October baby, many of my favorite people are October babies, and it's the month we got married. When I was a kid, I always associated my birthday with Halloween, which I also loved back then. It's fun when the time rolls back around to pull out the decorations and I rediscover pieces old and new. One of my oldest and most favorite is the little girl figurine in this painting. When I came upon her this morning, I thought - there's my painting for today, so I surrounded her with a few of my newer favorite pieces for this little Halloween vignette. The piece on the left is a small painted gourd made by Rosey Bolte of The Uncommon Gourd in Nashville, Indiana. It's so cute it stays out through the fall and ends up on my Christmas tree.

1 comment: