Sunday, September 3, 2017

Morning Shot

8x8
oil on cradled panel
Not a great photo, but this is day 3 of my effort to paint every day. Leslie Saeta offers a challenge to do 30 paintings in 30 days and this year, happily, several of my friends have joined in. See it here.    30 in 30.
This little teacup was discovered in an antique store recently and I've been anxious to paint it. I kept it loose and took great effort to "lose my edges". What is it about teacups? They are certainly nostalgic and very cute. Just not hearty enough to manage my coffee addiction. I bought a couple, so I'll be trying this again in the days ahead.
All of my paintings posted for this month of September, are on sale for $150 plus shipping. In the original painting world, that's a bargain. I know in the rest of the real world, that much money buys a lot of groceries. And that's the point I guess. If and when I make $1000, it will all go to the Texas Hurricane Relief. I'm checking into appropriate charities and thinking the Red Cross. If a buyer has a preferred charity, I'll certainly honor that choice. For purchase, please contact me at terri_buchholz@yahoo.com.

2 comments: