To receive notification of new posts by email, sign up here...

Monday, February 24, 2014

work in progress - detail

8 x 12
oil on canvas
For quite a while I've had a loose plan of doing a large piece representing a scene out of my life that includes family and friends playing or enjoying music. My husband and I met through music and have been a part of a musical community of friends since the mid seventies, so I want to celebrate those folks on canvas. It's going to take awhile since the canvas is 24 x 48 and there are a lot of people, so I thought I'd just post bits of it as I go.  The first person completed is my dear friend Mona, who's married to a great banjo player. 

7 comments:

  1. Really, really like this! You are on to something with this look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherrie thank you! It's so nice to "see" you!

      Delete
  2. This is so stunning, once again I had to stop and really look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacklyn, I so appreciate it. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is fabulous, Terri, I was so excited to see it when it crossed my path! I can just feel her kindness, looking at her face...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith thank you. Now I just need to hold my breath and see if I can pull off the other 9 or 10 people that are going into this painting!

      Delete
  4. Terri, I can hardly wait to see the finished project. If this painting is only one part of the whole thing, it's going to be fabulous! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete