Monday, March 25, 2013

Our Bloomers

12 x 16
oil on Ampersand panel
"The Meaning of Spring" is this week's theme on the Daily Paintworks Challenge and midway through this painting, I realized my seasonal floral faux pas.  That is, that lilies and snapdragons are more summer bloomers up here in northern Indiana, but I also threw in a few beards tongue and pre-bloomed Allium to even things up a bit.  Anyway, in my defense, my first thoughts of spring are the brilliant, spectral, fragrant gifts of our garden and I can't wait to see them again.  They're on their way, even though this morning their little green preludes were barely poking through the four or five inches of snow we were blessed with.  But then again, it's water and after last year's drought, we'll take it however we can get it because Spring is here!

2 comments:

  1. Terri, I love your brilliant colors! Who cares, if they're not spring-like! They are so happy looking. Yes, we all need spring to get here quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda, thank you! And YES Who cares?? I've been buying spring flowers for the last month at Fresh Market just to pretend it's spring! Today I'm still having to imagine what spring looks like - it's still snowing up here!

      Delete