Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kit's Mug

4 x 4
oil on Ampersand panel

One more to go and we will finish our series of Hilton Head Gang mug shots.  I deviated slightly from the "official" mug shot of artist Kit Hefner because when I was ready to sit down and paint her, I couldn't open the file on my iPad.  The photo was a hoot and I thought, "Finally!  Someone made a face as goofy as mine - maybe just marginally goofier!" If I can retrieve it, I may still try to paint that one as well, but in the meantime I had this little happy face photo taken at our workshop that I really liked.  I think I smiled back at the painting the entire time I worked on it.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, Terri!!! It makes me smile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great smile! AND just like Kit...not going with the flow...a perfect addition to the mugs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, Maria - thank you, I so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri - this is wonderful! I can't imagine anybody looking at Kit's mug and NOT smiling in response.
    Wonderful achievement!

    ReplyDelete