Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Maria's mug - The Finale!

4 x 4
oil on Ampersand panel

This is the last of the Hilton Head Gang Mugs and appropriately wrapping up with our gang leader, Maria Hock.  Maria is among the thinktank-cheerleader-organizers of the group who have effectively kept us all in contact and spear headed the creation of the Hilton Head Gang.  She is the host of our Hilton Head Picasa album where anyone can visit and see everyone's interpretation of each other's mugs which you can visit here.  And beyond that - she's always the first to make encouraging and flattering comments on everyone's new postings.  Maria, I just love you and so appreciate your friendship and efforts.  See Maria's artwork and writings at her blog here.  

10 comments:

  1. Terri, I am so impressed with the amount of information you get on this small support! Really an amazing painting. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! As my husband says...it looks just like me! I think I am going to have you start doing my hair...it looks so much better when you do it! hahaha. Seriously I have loved this series and you have done a great job. If there were a prize for the first to complete all 20 mugs you would win...but, alas...there is no prize! Just my admiration for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda - Thank yo so much - my secret is tiny brushes for detail work and serious reader glasses!!

    Maria - I'd paint your hair on you but I don't think the effect would be what we're after! Besides, your hair looks great and I only paint what's in front of me! And thanks to you AND your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Terri. I am not surprised that you completed all of the mugs first. I love how you painted Maria's hair.....I especially like the way you painted the hair over her forehead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris thank you. They have mostly gotten easier and faster to do. Looking forward to painting one has been yet another reason I've always looked forward to my day off. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. 4x4!!? It is amazing how much information you get on this. Wonderful series, Terri...I will miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana thanks so much. The little mugs are too much fun to just stop - I'll be starting on my family and other friends for a personal collection next.

      Delete
  6. Love it. I've enjoyed watching how you handle each mug and have learned so much from you. Love your style. Keep painting and I'll be waiting for your next posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer - what a nice thing to hear - thank you. I'll be watching for yours as well.

      Delete
  7. Terri this is beautiful! Wonderful job on Maria's mug. One of your best for sure. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete