Sunday, July 10, 2016

Back Yards

12 x 9
oil on canvas
Still trying to get some exercise for those plein air muscles but this one was done from a photo taken in Yellow Springs, Ohio during the Tim Horn workshop. I did, however, paint it fast, as if I was working outside and had to make decisions and strokes quickly. All in, it took about 90 minutes. 

Last night was the artist's reception for a juried exhibit held annually, called Ventures in Creativity. It's always fun event since most of the artists are known around Indiana and largely from here in Fort Wayne. I entered four that were all accepted, which of course made me very happy, but that was nothing compared to how I felt when they announced the winners. My self portrait, "Selfie in a Pink Hat" won Best of Show. What a rush. So a big THANK YOU to judge Lynn Dunbar who came up from Louisville Kentucky to be the juror for this event. Here, again is the painting...
"Selfie in a Pink Hat"
BEST in SHOW
Woo Hoo!!!


1 comment: