Sunday, January 4, 2015

Ice Ballet

5 x 7
oil on panel
It's been a busy Christmas season and happily, my son is still here for a visit during his school break, but since he was off and visiting others today, I took this opportunity to reintroduce myself to my paints. This little quick oil sketch is of a friend's granddaughter, gracefully performing her dance on ice. She's in that beautiful stage of growth where her child's body is stretching out toward early adolescence and I found her in the pose simply captivating.

2 comments:

  1. She looks serene and beautiful, and I love how you captured her pose and portrayed the ice...have a great Challenge, and may it be the start of a great New Year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith thank you! I'm starting out slow but excited to be back at the easel!

    ReplyDelete