Monday, September 9, 2013

Kamora

6 x 6
oil on Ampersand panel
This radiant redheaded girl was born with a bone deformity in one of her hind legs rendering it useless. In this bad news, good news scenario however, she was adopted by my dear friends Beth and Roger Wilson, making her one of the luckiest pups in the world. Kamora is dearly loved and pays it forward with her sweet disposition.  She still gets around OK on her three legs and has the huge muscular chest of an Olympic swimmer. 

I've been trying to paint (a painting!) every day this month as part of the 30 in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta. To see today's entries click here. I didn't make it this weekend but last night I thought I would lay this one in and get a head start on today. At two this morning, with 90% of it done, I finally went to bed! Maybe I'll catch up on if there's enough coffee in the house! 

6 comments:

  1. oh she is radiant. What a beautiful girl and you really captured her. I also love the patterns of the dark shapes behind her. The flowers look like they are dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy! I need to give photo credit to my Kamora's person Beth! It was a nice photo to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice painting. Hard to have a social life on the weekends and paint too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to paint daily, it's hard to get anything else done! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Isn't she beautiful? You know I am a dog person, and I think you did a fabulous job with this one. I feel as if I am there with her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith. It is really such fun to paint dogs, but catching the individuality in their faces can be as challenging as painting people!

      Delete