Thursday, January 12, 2017

Studio View

14 x 11
pastel on board
Last week my friend Susie invited me to paint with her at her studio. The room has huge windows that overlook one of the three big rivers our city is known for. It is a lovely view although this particular day was very gray, almost devoid of color. The only real punctuation was the burnt sienna river. I opted to paint that day with pastels, a medium fairly foreign to me. I thought maybe it would be easier clean up and all together less messy since I was in someone else's space. Not. You pretty much need one for every color you want as opposed to mixing your colors in my preferred medium, oil, so they take up a ton of space and dust was everywhere, especially on me. But I liked working with them. Just looking at this painting make me realize it's January 12 and I am completely ready for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment